Thursday, December 10, 2009

Saying Goodbye...

This week I said goodbye to a great man. My grandpa, Victor Manuel Jimenez. After 87 amazing years it was at last his turn to be with god. Everything that I am and everything that I have is because of this man.
A man who always put his family first.
A man who would give the shirt off his back if you had none.
A man who loved the game of golf more than anything.
A man who went out of his way to make you laugh.
Grandpa, I will miss your voice, your hugs, the way you always said "Love you , Love you" because one "Love you" wasn't enough.
I will miss it all...
"Love You, Love You"
Victor Manuel Jimenez
July 1, 1922 - December 1, 2009



My Grandmother and I
Rabecca Jimenez

A silver band I placed. A piece of me to be with him.



This just makes me smile...


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to pay respect to your grandfather. Although this post has made me sad for you and and your family, I also smiled when I watched the video.
    Sending you my best wishes
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. about 2 years ago i had to say 'goodbye for now' to my 81 year old dad, so i was really touched to find this post. thanks for sharing your love! this is my first visit to your blog. what a great find! (found it through another blog: of-matter.blogspot.com)

    there was a brief time when i lived on the big island. i miss it and it's warm, wonderful people. i almost drowned in the papaiko rain ;) till we moved to waikoloa. so many great memories. you're lucky to live there! take care..

    ps- long live etsy!!

    ReplyDelete