Friday, November 13, 2009

My Muddy Lotus...

Here is my newest creation. Lately I've been trying so hard to test my skills and branch out to try new techniques. Let me tell you how hard this can be with a tight budget and silver prices beginning to skyrocket. With that said I have been so tickled with the direction that my creativity has been going. Never in million did I think that I could be having so much fun as I have been in the past couple of years.
I have to admit that in the past I have had a problem with being patient. The phrase "when you don't succeed, try, try again" meant nothing to me. I was stuck in the mentality that if it didn't go right the first time then that was it, and I was on to the next. Maybe this changes with age because as I get older I feel like something has changed in me. I now feel the need to perfect.
Just like my last project, this ring also gave me a bit of a fight but with some practice and patience I was able to create something that I am so proud of and that feels so good.


A hand sawed Sterling Silver Lotus flower holds the prettiest shell in the center. I have embellished the back with a copper stem that falls into a twisted vine shank. Oh so comfortable.



Oh so Muddy...


Love Erin...





No comments:

Post a Comment